I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Gingerlovesmakeup (sorry Ginger I forgot) and Naturespulchritude. Thank you both. Being kinda new to blogging I had not idea what it was, looking into it I couldn’t find the origin and it seemed kind of chain mail-ish. It’s a bit of getting to know you, the best explanation I found is this.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
(Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
(Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this
6. Create a list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award
and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
I would like to add that you can nominate someone who already has been given this award, as long as
they have less than 1000 followers/subscribers. The idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and
help promote them! The benefit is that you get from doing this is that you get some promotion, too!
11 Random facts about me :
- I am Jamaican.
- I have an offbeat sense of humor, most people don’t get.
- I’m an experimental cook, it’s possible to hear explosions coming from my kitchen.
- I like poetry and I do write poems,
- People think i’m snooty until they get to know me, cause I’m always quiet when I’m with people I don’t know well or i’m uncomfortable in someones presence.
- I read romance novels since high school to help with stress and I still do.
- I am a aquarium hobbyists.
- I have 15 piercings.
- I use to dye my hair every color imaginable (I miss that.)
- I love Japanese anime and manga (yes, i’m a Otaku….well not so much anymore I don’t have the time.)
- I love watching documentarys.
11 Questions From Gingerlovesmakeup:
- 1. What is your favorite time of year? – There is something I love about every season….except winter, but i’ll say spring, when everything starts to bloom.
- 2.What’s your favorite type of nail polish? – Duh any polish…except glitter
- 3. What are your favorite TV show and movie of all time? – Geez one huh? ahhh…..TV: Charmed and Movie: Equilibrium.
- 4. Who or what inspires you the most? – Nature.
- 5. In your free time, what is your favorite thing to do? – Read.
- 6. What is your favorite color to wear year-round? – Purple.
- 7. How often do you normally change your nail polish? – Once or twice a week, I miss the days when I had the time to do them everyday.
- 8. What’s your favorite thing to eat? – French fries, I would eat it everyday if I could.
- 9. Name three things in your purse right now. – Asthma pump, wallet and keys.
- 10. What is one beauty product you cannot live without? – Lip balm.
- 11. And lastly, what made you start your blog? – I kept getting encouraged to do it and finally gave in.
Nature’s Pulchritude’s questions:
- 1. What is your favorite place to visit? – Montego Bay
- 2. Are you double jointed? – Yes, but only in my fingers.
- 3. What is your favorite nail polish color? – Any shade of blue.
- 4. What 3 topics interest you most? Nature, food and human behavior.
- 5. Have you ever milked a cow? – No and I don’t wanna, I got chased by one and that was enough for me.
- 6. What has been an important life lesson for you? – Always have an open mind, it’s not as easy as it seems.
- 7. If you were stranded on a island, what two items are you bringing? – A knife and lighter.
- 8. Do you bake (cookies, cakes, bread, etc.)? Yes to all…not sure about etc, got a recipe?.
- 9. Have you ever been scuba diving? No.
- 10. When was the last time you went to a zoo? When I was 8, I don’t like animals in cages.
- 11. What is the strangest food you have ever tasted? Hard to pick just one, last month I had a grasshopper taco.
11 Questions For My Nominees To Answer:
1. What is your favorite time of year?
2.What’s your favorite type of nail polish?
3. What are your favorite TV show and movie of all time?
4. Who or what inspires you the most?
5. In your free time, what is your favorite thing to do?
6. What is your favorite color to wear year-round?
7. How often do you normally change your nail polish?
8. What’s your favorite thing to eat?
9. Name three things in your purse right now.
10. What is one beauty product you cannot live without?
11. And lastly, what made you start your blog?
My Nominees: (listed at random)
Thank you for the nomination ladies and thanks for reading.